We’ve had lots of breakfast casseroles in our days…lots! We love eggs….and bacon….and grits….and all foods breakfast. We do breakfast for dinner several times a month. Face it…breakfast is just easy. Open up a box of cereal, pour it into a bowl and add milk! I’m kidding! There was a day when cereal was our “breakfast for dinner” choice du jour. But as we’ve gotten older, our tastes have grown up a bit.
So without any further adieu , let me tell you about what I made for dinner tonight. This was my first time to make this casserole, and honestly, I was nervous about it. The bread was different than my normal egg casserole. The meat was different….but it was BACON instead of the the usual sausage ….so I wasn’t THAT nervous about that part!
Here’s the list of ingredients…
- 10 eggs
- 1lb of bacon
- One can of Pillsbury flaky biscuits
- 1/2 C milk
- 1-2C grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped onions,peppers, mushrooms (this is optional and you can totally leave this out if you want)
Here’s what you do…
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the milk. Whisk together. Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt. I also used Tony’s but I put Tony’s on everything. You can season the eggs however your family likes.
- Cut the raw biscuit dough into quarters then drop into the egg mixture. Make sure the eggs cover up the biscuit dough. Let this sit while you do step 3.
- Fry the bacon! I suggested an entire pound of bacon for this so you’d have a few extra pieces to munch on before you move on to step 4. You’re welcome 🙂
- Take the bacon you haven’t eaten , crumble it and add to the egg/biscuit mixture.
- Add the cheese. Stir
- Pour this into a greased 11×13 pan. Spread the biscuits out so they’re somewhat evenly distributed in your pan.
- If you have chosen to add any of the veggies to this, do it here. I chopped up mini sweet peppers and sprinkled them over the top of the casserole. But only on half because, well, I wanted my picky eaters to enjoy this too!
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Enjoy this bit of scrumptiousness! Serve with fruit for a healthy touch 🙂